Last week I challenged you to create a list of five fun things to do this summer. This week we’ll get you ready for them!
When the kids were little, I always had a diaper bag packed – so I was always ready to take off and go do something at any time. Well, I no longer need a diaper bag, but I still like to have a bag packed so we can take off at an instant on an adventure!
Your challenge for the week is to create a summer adventure bag! Then you’ll be ready for all your summer fun at a moments notice.
So what goes in this bag? Here is what I have in mine:
- Bug spray (I make my own using my essential oils – I’ll share the recipe soon)
- Small first aid kit with band aids, neosporin, etc.
- A few books for reading in the park
- Wipes – no need to worry about getting messy then!
- A few plastic bags – for trash, muddy shoes, etc.
- Socks (in case we are in flip-flops and run across a bounce house)
- Extra shirts
I also keep a soccer ball and folding chairs in the back of the car. When we are ready to take off for the day, all I need to add are water bottles and maybe snacks.
It’s so nice to be prepared, and I never need to worry about sunburns, bug bites or getting messy! Take a few minutes and throw together a bag for your family – you’ll be glad you did!
How do you get ready for summer adventures? Got some tips? Please share them in the comments!
The Lavender Essential Oil Giveaway is almost over – get your entry in TODAY! Want to purchase your own oils? Check out the details HERE – it’s a great way to get started learning about Essential Oils.