After talking this month about getting outside to play and changing your viewpoint, another area to consider making some “summertime” changes to are your mornings. As the weather gets warmer earlier in the day, and the sun starts coming up earlier, it’s an easy time to lighten up and improve your morning routine. (You don’t have a morning routine? Check out this amazing course by Crystal Paine of Money Saving Mom and create a fantastic one!)
I don’t routinely set an alarm clock in the summer months – I just keep my blinds open and the sun wakes me up – which is a wonderful way to start the day. It also means I’m up earlier and have more time to enjoy the morning before my workday begins. So, I get to add a few more fun things to my routine.
To lighten up your mornings, try a few of the following ideas:
- Wake up with the sun or at least make your alarm a pleasant sound
- Head outside as soon as possible (this is easy as I have a dog that has to go out when I first get up!)
- Enjoy a glass of water or smoothie before your coffee
- Try 10 to 20 minutes of yoga or light stretching to slowly wake up your muscles and get out all the kinks
- Add fresh fruit to your breakfast
Most importantly, don’t rush through your mornings. The first hour or so of the morning can set the tone for the rest of the day – so make sure the feelings you invoke are the ones you want to cultivate all day long!
What do you do without fail every morning? Do you change out your morning routine with the seasons? Share in the comments – we learn best from each other!
Are you ready to implement these and other healthy ideas into your day but don’t know how to get started? Contact me TODAY and we’ll get you on the road to a healthier and happier life!
Shared on Crystal & Co.