One of the topics for the month is relaxation. With the busy lives we live, relaxation is very important. It’s so easy to get caught up in the to do list and miss out on the small but enjoyable moments that make up our life. I thought I’d share my top 5 ideas to get the conversation started:
1. A good book. I love to read, but as busy as I am I don’t get to read as much as I used to. Still, the idea of curling up on my hammock or in my comfy chair with a warm drink, a blanket and a good book sounds wonderful.
2. A massage. I am a firm believer in the benefits of massage. Since I’ve been enjoying them regularly I rarely have headaches, and all the little aches and pains aren’t as frequent as they once were.
3. Yoga. A good yoga session can energize and relax all at the same time. Once the practice is finished, the sense of well-being and vitality really flows!
4. Nature. The ocean, a peaceful park, watching the stars on a beautiful crisp fall evening, even a relaxing walk after dinner can soothe the soul.
5. Indulging in a hobby. Be it cooking, crafting, whatever you love to do can relax you and slow down the moment.
I like to remind myself that it’s important to live today, because there is no guarantee what tomorrow will bring.
What are your favorite ways to relax? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments, and I challenge you to make a real effort this week to spend a little time relaxing – you’ll feel better, be happier and less stressed.
Interested in creating a happier, healthier life? Work with me, and we’ll make it happen!