Are you ready to get started? Excited about learning to be a healthier eater? Good!
To help you make the most of this class, here are a few things you can do ahead of time – take fifteen minutes now and you’ll be ready to go for Module 1.
Gather the following supplies:
- Notebook/ journal (pretty or plain, it’s up to you – just someplace to take notes)
- Camera (phone is just fine)
- List of your families five favorite restaurants – and their menus if you can get your hands on them!
- Your five favorite cookbooks (check out my list of recommendations HERE if you don’t have any). Even an online recipe site is fine.
Research local stores:
- In your journal, write down the 3 or 4 grocery stores closest to you and make a few notes about each one:
- Which one has the best produce selection?
- Which store has the best meat?
- Do they have an organic or natural food section?
- Do they carry organic store brands?
- Definitely include typical grocery stores in your list, but also consider specialty stores or non-traditional stores such as
- Trader Joe’s
- Local health food stores
- Farmer’s Markets
That’s it for today – looking forward to talking to you soon!