Raise your hand if you love setting goals? I hate to admit that I kinda geek out about it – I’m really a pro at setting good ones too. My issues tend to be around completion. Seems like I run out of steam or time before the year ends. Through the years I’ve probably tried just about every method of goal setting – and I’ve learned plenty from all of them. I’ve discovered that I’m most successful when I don’t set too many goals and when the goals I set are very concrete. I need to know exactly what completing a goal looks like.
To hold myself accountable – and give me a place to come back each month and review my progress, I thought I’d share my 2019 travel blogging goals right here on my site:
- Publish at least one new post every week. Wouldn’t be much of a blog without new content, right?
- Take at least one trip a month. A weekend trip totally counts as although I do have a lot of vacation time, it isn’t enough for a week every month! Plus school, sports, the dog, etc.
- Publish at least one article each month somewhere other than my blog. I really want to expand my experience and reach, so finding new outlets is important.
- At least one sponsored post each month. This is fairly new to me. I did a few sponsored posts in November and December of 2018 and really enjoyed the experience (and the income!).
- Attend a blogging and/or travel writing event. I’ve never attended an event before even though I’ve been blogging for years and I think this would be a positive experience and a big help in growing my business as well as networking.
- Double my social media and newsletter following. Of course, I’d love to see even more growth, but this is a start. So – if you aren’t following me now, please help me out!
And that’s it! I think that’s plenty and I’m sure I’ll flesh them out a bit more in the coming weeks, but if I can accomplish these six goals for my travel blog I’ll be happy with my accomplishments in 2019.
Do you create goals for yourself each year? What are some of yours? I’d love to hear about them in the comments so we can cheer each other on!
I’d love your help with the last goal! Sign up for my bi-monthly newsletter – you’ll get a free copy of Everyday Adventure Essentials, some unique material, and a sneak peek of what the upcoming weeks will contain.
Pin for inspiration: