One of the uses I keep seeing in my research on grapefruit oil is to help reduce cellulite. The question is, is it effective? I don’t know, but I do see an experiment in the works here . . . since our Oil of the Month is grapefruit oil, I know I’ll be giving it a shot!
Grapefruit oil is extracted from the fresh peel of the grapefruit, so it contains a high amount of Vitamin C and d-limonene. Regardless of whether it works on cellulite or not, I can assure you that there are many other terrific uses for this oil.
Benefits of grapefruit oil:
- diuretic – promotes removing excess water and clearing your body of toxins
- disinfectant – both external (think your kitchen counters) as well as internal – especially your digestive system and skin
- stimulant – the fresh citrus smell can lift your mood and increase your energy
How to use grapefruit oil:
- add a few drops to your water (glass container only please) to flush your body of toxins and boost your immune system
- use on your skin to help with acne and oily skin
- use in your hair care products to promote growth
- mix with a carrier oil (coconut or almond) and rub on cellulite daily – will nourish skin and help boost your lymphatic system
A few caveats . . .
- As a citrus oil, grapefruit oil is sensitive to sunlight, so don’t use on your skin and then head out into the sun -if you are using it for skin care, try to use it in the evening.
- If you are drinking the oil, make sure you are using a brand that is safe for consumption (I’m confident of Young Living, but do your research on any other brands), and use in a glass container – the plastics can leach into the water when coming into contact with the oil.
Want a bottle of your own? Order one here:
What do you think? Have you ever used grapefruit oil? What was your experience like?
Want to join us in learning more about essential oils? The Oil of the Month Club is the perfect way to really dive into these amazing oils and learn about them in a stress free and comfortable environment. Get started today – check out the details HERE.